A local community group, Bolton Loco, with the support of the Town of Bolton, Bolton Parks and Recreation and the Bolton Volunteer Firefighters Association, is launching a new program called “Hometown Heroes” and we would be honored to have you participate.
Hometown Heroes is an effort to create banners that will be hung along Main Street to honor all of Bolton’s Veterans and active military. We are collecting donations to sponsor this project, so there is no cost to participate. Hometown Heroes is purely an effort to honor your service to the United States of America.
If you would like to participate, please:
- Print and complete the banner form.
- Enclose the form and your service photo in an envelope addressed to Bolton Hometown Heroes c/o Karen Regan
- Bring or mail your envelope to Linda Day, Town Secretary, at the Bolton Town Hall, 663 Main Street, Bolton,MA 01740.
Once we scan your photo and complete the design of your banner we will return all materials to you. At that time we will ask you to review and approve the banner.
- Alternatively, if you have a high quality digital photo, you can email the image to Karen Regan along with your completed form. We also created an online form at: tinyurl.com/BoltonHeroes that you can you instead of the paper form if that is easier for you.
Examples from Leominster
- The City of Leominster launched a similar program a few years ago and they have been working with us to help replicate it in Bolton. They also post all of their banners online so please click here if you are interested in seeing an example of the banners from Leominster.
NRHS Veterans Program
- We have initiated another Veterans project with Nashoba Regional High School. We plan to create a program with the high school faculty that allows students in the senior grade to interview our local Veterans to capture their service stories. These stories will be shared in the Clinton Item, the high school paper as well as broadcast on our local televisions stations. We are still in the preliminary planning stages but if you are interested in participating or staying informed as we finalize the program, please indicate your interest on the form.
Further Information and Questions
- For more information on the program, please see our current proposal and plan by clicking here.
- If you have any questions or comments, please contact LindaDay at 978.779.2297 or Karen Regan at 978.505.2457. We hope you are able to participate and look forward to sharing your stories with our community today and for generations to follow.
Thank you for your service