LEGAL NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Planning Board will hold a public hearing pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 40A, Section 5, on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. in the Town Hall, 663 Main Street, Bolton to consider and receive comments from interested parties concerning the Articles to appear on the Warrant of the Annual Town Meeting, which will be held on Monday, May 7, 2018. The Articles are summarized as follows:
- Amendment to Bolton’s Zoning Bylaw by inserting a new section entitled Cottage Overlay District to encourage housing diversity by allowing higher density developments on parcels 10 acres or greater within the Residential District.
- Amendment to Bolton’s Zoning Bylaw by amending Section 250-13.B. Dimensional Schedule to modify the property setback requirements for Limited Business, Business and Industrial Districts and allow for increased lot coverage in all three districts.
- Amendment to Bolton’s Zoning Bylaw by amending Section 250-23.2. Mixed Use Village Overlay District, Subsection G(2) to increase maximum lot coverage from 10% to 25%.
- Amendment to Bolton’s Zoning Bylaw by amending Section 250-17. Driveways and parking to replace current parking requirements for business, industrial, and retail uses with more sufficient requirements for off-street parking and loading facilities. The amendment will also allow for shared off-street parking, off-site parking and compact car stalls to reduce impervious area.
- Amendment to Bolton’s Zoning Bylaw by inserting a new section to regulate Marijuana Establishments to allow for Independent Testing Laboratories, Marijuana Cultivators and Marijuana Product Manufacturers in the Industrial District and Marijuana Retailers in the Limited Business, Business and Industrial Districts. The bylaw also requires a 500 foot offset from Marijuana Establishments to residential dwellings and places where children commonly congregate.
- Amendment to Bolton’s Zoning Bylaw by amending Section 250-12. Schedule of Permitted Uses to insert and allow Marijuana Establishments by Special Permit granted by the Planning Board in the Limited Business, Business and Industrial Districts only.
Details of each Article are to be provided during the public hearing. Any person interested or wishing to be heard on the Articles, should appear at the time and place designated.
The text of the Articles are available for review on the Town’s website: http://www.townofbolton.com/planning-board/pages/town-meeting-articles and at the Town Clerk’s Office in the Town Hall; Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Planning Board of Bolton, MA